[RC] 25 or 50 to start - Jonni

I think a few have missed one of the points made....those new to distance riding sport in general, should start in CTR's or LD rides. I can't remember ANY post on here, where anyone suggested a brand new to the sport rider started with a 50 mile ride!    But, those RIDERS with experience in the sport, very, very often, start new horses with 50 mile rides. We have found that to be best for OUR horses.