[RC] LD or not - Carolyn Burgess

The quote should read, "Start endurance in 50's".  I am from the NE.  My horses first endurance ride was a 50 and he was ready for a 50, because he had 2 seasons of CTR under his belt.  He also had hundreds of miles of organized trail rides under a local club called NEHT, which does long distance (up to 20 mile) trail rides where you get recognition for mileage ridden for both horse and rider.  He also did lots of hunter paces, shorter distances but also require pacing.  Most of the top endurance riders in the NE start their horses in CTR.  Teaches pacing and gets the horses head in the right place, I actually think that CTR is a better tool than LD is.

Carolyn Burgess

RideKinder@xxxxxxx wrote:

I think for someone to say that their horse can start in 50's is beyond me.....Lyn O.Owen ..AERC # M 32144
SE region
Campobello,S.C. 29322