[RC] LD or not - RideKinder

I am a new to AERC....just 2 and a half years doing the sport. My horse just received his 500 mile in LD ( he really has 605 miles now ). My horse has been ready to do a 50 for at least a year but I am unable physically to do that distance because of serious knee problems. So we all have reasons for doing what distance works for horse and rider.
I think for someone to say that their horse can start in 50's is beyond me.....It took me a full year to have my horse SOFT in the mouth and keeping a nice pace and not getting upset that he was being passed......I had many of a trail ride with my AERC friends just training to get the kind of horse that I have now.....knows his job and happy where ever I put him in the ride, in the front or dead last....
With that said.....having your horse MENTALLY ready is just as important as physically ready for any length of ride.....Take your time ....just because your HR tells you that your horse is ready....put him in a group of 10 other horses....keep him back off the pace and see where is HR is......NOW...you know if you are even ready for a LD ride.
My horse SB Wildfire..AERC # H 35407 needs a new owner that can take him right now to 50's or 100's. 15'2 Bay Arab ( 1997 ) by Huckleberry Bey Dam side and sire side Khemosabi..very typey and wonderful mover.
Lyn O.Owen ..AERC # M 32144
SE region
Campobello,S.C. 29322