[RC] ride start times - Jonni

I see many of the rides do start the 25 milers at around 9 AM (2 hours after the 50's head out) here at our local rides. BUT, this is a location where all vet checks are in camp, and riders do loops.  The ride I used to help with each year in So. CA started the 25's only 30 min. after the 50's. Why???? Because the vet check was out of camp, and they wanted the vet to be able to get done, and off to the next out of camp vet checks for the 50's.

We here so much about "loops", but the only lops I ever knew about on riders were one big continuous one for 50 miles until moving into an area that has actual loops in and out of camp all day.

Experienced managers do seem to take the time to understand the dynamics of other distances possibly passing earlier starters in other distances, and consider start times etc.  If one attends a ride that has a continuous issue with starting the next distance too soon, and riders getting blasted past, mention it to management. and let them know, and see if they can change things to still have vet checks run smoothly, but safer out there on riders catching up to the previous group.

Jonni