Re: [RC] LD 25 - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 11/19/2005 4:35:38 PM Central Standard Time, Normanjudyv@xxxxxxx writes:

A 25 mile LD ride is just a nice little trail ride. I,m an old retired endurance rider &I ride 25 miles all the time just for fun. It,s something anyone can do. What,s makes you think you deserve to be recognized????

Now that's just the kind of crappy elitist attitude we DON'T need people spewing.  LD is NOT endurance.  But completing 25 miles within the time limit, with a sound horse, is not just a little ol' trail ride.  It's an accomplishment in its own right, and deserves to be recognized, IMO.  It's different things to different people: a training ride/preparation step for moving up to endurance, introduction to the sport for new horses, entry back into the sport for older/formerly injured horses (and riders <G>), etc.  For some, it may be the distance they are either capable of doing for time or physical reasons.  And for some (horrors!!) it may be all they *want* to do.  And what is wrong with that?

Dawn in East Texas