[RC] LD's...I mean endurance.... - Jonni

So let's do this. Lets change it, and just make all these rides and
distances "endurance". Drop the whole LD thing. And with that, we can drop
those national and Regional LD awards for mileage and BC. (save AERC a
little money at the end of the year for awards)  Let's just make one set of
national awards. High mileage,  most BC's, does not matter the distance you
ride. And National and regional placings in each weight division. Just toss
every distance together like a big fruit salad. Now, lets let those LD,
oops, sorry, 25 mile ENDURANCE riders earn points towards those year end
awards too. AERC computes points within each division based on the following
formula (one point per mile, plus bonus points per mile for Top Ten. Also,
bonus points for BC on a ride. You can go to the rule book to see how bonus
points are calculated.(junior riders are different)  Oh. also, 100 mile
riders get 1.5 points per mile, then the bonus points as stated. And, since
many seem to think it is easier to top ten on a 100, look at all those
points they would get if they did so!!!!!!  Anyway, so now  you see, you can
compete what ever distance you would like, right along side all of the other
endurance riders, and get the same chance of winning the same awards at the
end of the year.  Pretty cool, huh????

Someone else mentioned that the LD riders might want to really consider what
they wish for. AERC has done an awful lot of things to recognize those who
choose to ride LD rides. They have indeed set up a year end award program
for them, which at least to me, seems to be more than fair. You want to run
with the big dogs? Just try to get any year end recognition by only riding
25 mile rides if you were dumped in to the same awards program as the
endurance rides. Try to get enough points doing only 25 mile rides to even
be a blip on the map of the awards program against riders riding double,
triple or 4 times the miles you ride at each ride.

So Stacy, would the above program make the rides "legitimate" for you?
Personally, I'd say with a program like the above, and NOT offering the
awards that national currently does for LD rides, it would recognize 25 mile
rides LESS than they are currently. But if that is what everyone wants, I'm
sure you could have it submitted to the board.............

Jonni in TX