Re: [RC] beet pulp warning - Diane Trefethen

One of ti's legacys, at least to me, is that I now am sensitized to what he referred to as fluff bunny thinking. FBT covers a gamut of flawed deductive processes but what it is NOT is logical, precise, fact-based, open-minded. Often FBT comes from laziness... it is easier to keep doing what you've always done (and besides, everyone SAYS it's ok) than to incorporate new knowledge into your methods. Sometimes when people have their own agendas, they misquote or deliberately misinterpret the provider of new information or condescendingly dismiss that information - another form of FBT.

Here are some responses to Patty's very kind post to Ridecamp telling us of a misfortune that befell her horse. Which are FBT and which are attempts to better understand the new information?