Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.3186 - KKMoonshadowrnch

In a message dated 11/15/2005 5:59:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, ridecamp-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I do think that it is not real fair that some LD rides have hour holds, and others have a half an hour hold, with a total of 6 hours allotted. The longer holds do make the riders have to ride faster to make the time. Especially when you consider that new riders often spend more than the allotted time at the vet checks until they get more experienced. Heck, lots of riders of all experience levels are not always ready when it's their out time.

Karen
in NV
This is the problem that I see also Karen.  I would like to see a standard amount of hold time for each distance and then if due to weather conditions or the terrain if the hold time is extended beyond that time by ride management or the head vet I think that extra time should be calculated into the maximum.  It makes no sense to me if it's tough terrain or hot or humid that you would have a longer hold time and then need to "go faster out on the trail" to make up the difference.  I don't have all that much expereince yet, but that's JMO of what I've seen so far in endurance riding.  Later,

Kathy & Nick
Moonshadow Ranch
McKenna, WA