Re: [RC] stolen saddle - Sisu West Ranch

If there is evidence of forcable entry, and I make a police report, my homeowners insurance pays for stuff stolen from my barn.  If I were to board, I would make sure that I had appropriate theft insurance.

If you want to make your tack locker harder to get into than the others, look into the hasp in addition to the lock.  Many hasps are even easier to cut than a cheap lock.  Good hasps are available.

Remember that locks are most useful in keeping honest people honest, in persuading an evil doer to rob someone else, and in providing proof of "forcable entry" for your insurance company.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875