Re: [RC] stolen saddle - JUDYK89

Sorry to hear of your friends things being stolen.

Just an FYI for you and anyone who boards.  I had my stuff stolen a few years ago.  Those little master locks, key or combination, can be cut too easily.  I ended up buying a new lock set that cannot be cut.  It's round with metal pieces on the door and jamb that circle it when closed.  Costs about $60, but worth it.  There's no controlling who goes into a boarding facility, my stuff took a long time to find, and just trying to refit a horse saddle is way worth paying $60 for a new lock.

By the way, my stuff was recovered when my trainer was at another ranch and was approached by a man selling saddles out of the back of his truck.  She recognized my saddle, called the Sheriff, had another guy follow him with a cell phone. A chase ensued with helicopters and everything.  We got everything back (my tack shed and another shed were broken into for a total of 4 saddles, 4 bridles, various other tack).  The man and his wife were both sentenced to time.

Hope she gets her stuff back.  She should call all the local facilities and let them know with a description of her stuff.

Judy in San Diego