Re: [RC] [RC] Midwest horse feeding and riding buddies - AMFura

Perhaps those more knowledgeable than me can reply to dispel or confirm this, but I have always been under the impression that alfafa produced more heat during digestion.   I don't know the specifics, but if I remember correctly, it produced more heat than grass hay because of the richer protein content.

I'm not sure if I'd feed it for the sole pupose of keeping my horse warm, but I'm here in Nashville and the weather doesn't get that bad in winter!

Angie F