Re: [RC] EquiPedic Heat Comparisons - Karla Watson

I will add to that. Was using a regular skito pad with my BM treeless for over 1 year. Got a lot of white hairs, circular below withers. Switched to Equipedic and they went AWAY. This guy is sweater. He is dark bay and a bigger bodied arab. Just sweats the moment I get on him. A heat build up nightmare. But no more white hairs which I concluded were from heat build up with other pad. Equipedic may not work for everyone, but they worked for me. Using mine a full season on 2 horses.
---------Karla Watson/Oregon
I don't pretend to understand all this scientific stuff.  I can only relate experiences.  My horse is perfectly happy with his Equipedic pad.  Also, my daughter wanted to ride Swanton Pacific 75 this year and asked if she could borrow my Equipedic pad for a few trial rides.  Then she rode the 75 and was delighted when the vet examined her horse's back at the post-ride check and told her that the horse had no soreness AT ALL.  This on a horse that has always been problematical for a sore back.

Barbara