[RC] EquiPedic Heat Comparisons - Dreamweaver

Out of curiosity, which Toklat pad was tested? Was it double thickness, triple thickness and with or without inserts?

A friend of mine brought me her new equipedic pad to try out. It has the same inserts my toklats have, but they are thicker. I'm going to borrow a temp gauge (one of Roger's) and see what temps I get on two or three of my horses with the two different pads. Is there anything I need to know? Obviously I'm going to ride the horses in the same conditions, which shouldn't be a problem being that I've got a GPS and heart monitor. Oh, and a heavyweight rider, so we can test more than one horse/pad combination per day maybe and see also if there are any differences between my weight and another 100 pounds. ;)

One reason why I like the toklats so well and have always used them is because they are reversible. I like to always have a clean pad on my horses back, and if I am alternating horses on a multiday it's easy to reverse the same pad, or even if I am riding the same horse on a 5 day ride then I can reverse the pad and get twice as many days use out of it without needing more than one. That also means it gets washed half as often. Would it be practical for the equipedic pad to be made so it would be reversible? I always punch holes in the front of the pads and attach clips to clip to the D's on my saddle so the pads won't migrate around. That would make it a whole lot more appealing to me.

Karen