Re: [RC] Boots and vetting in - long - Jessica Spoone-Raines

When it is my very first ride and and I am told by the people running the check in area that i HAVE to present barefoot and the only way to get to the vet in area is to walk over a stone road then yes I really don't see it as my fault. Perhaps I should have said no way i'm booting but I was confused and had nobody with me that had done it before. Anyway this has a lot less to do with blame or poor judgement and more to do with a lack of set rules in this area. I posted this simply to illustrate the need for set rules in this area, I had read everything I could get my hands on as far as AERC rules prior to this. If there was something that had simply stated if riding with boots on present for the vet in with boots on I would have known to do it. From now on no matter what I am told my horse will be presented in his boots and they will be removed only on request of the vet.
Jessica Spoone-Raines

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonni" <jonnij@xxxxxxxx>
To: "Ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 5:25 PM
Subject: [RC] Boots and vetting in - long
Goodness, I hope you are not trying to blame someone else for your horse
being lame. Be sure to read the latest vet forum article in the AERC Nov.
Magazine.  This quote is one we should all remember : "Never let someone
else's opinion override your good judgment."  Sounds like you had poor
judgment to walk your horse over to the vet without hood protection, if he
so easily stone bruised.