Re: [RC] [RC] question for legal eagles - Chris Paus

Exactly! I've had the hardest time getting that notion through to people! YOU may not want to sue me, but your insurance company sure is going to want to get its money back somehow, so they'll look for anyone possible that could reimburse their expenses on your behalf.

chris

Nancy Mitts <mitts_n@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We need to keep in mind that it is NOT up to the individual if their
insurance company decides to sue. If there is a permanent disability and
social security becomes involved, they will be required to sue anybody who
might be remotely culpable before they can be declared eligible. (At least
this is what happened to some people I know. The injured party finally had
to give in and file, the other's homeowners insurance made a settlement, and
then the SS kicked in.)

Nancy Mitts