[RC] [RC]?? Hurt Riders/Where is their trailer? - Sky Ranch

At NATRC rides, the check-in packet includes a number card for the rider's trailer, as well as a number tag or ribbon to attach to the horse's halter and/or bridle.  This way, if your horse gets loose at any time during the weekend, they know where to take it, and who it belongs to.  The reason the trailers get the rider number attached, of course, is that the horsemanship judge goes around and checks the 'stabling conditions' of the horse, making sure it's safely tied, hay and water available, etc., but it also is an easy way to identify rider/trailer/horse.

It seems like this would be a good idea for endurance rides, to just include an index card with the rider number on it, to attach (I use duct tape) to the back of the trailer.  Without baling twine and duct tape, I'd be lost!

Carla Richardson
Cortez, Colorado
(AERC & NATRC member)