RE: [RC] hosing injuries - Chris Paus

It's not out of style around here. The vets at three different equine specialty practices I use all advocate hydrotherapy for just about every kind of horse wound. some of them are "old timers" and some are recent vet school grads. They all will tell you that hydrotherapy is the place to start with wound treatment.

As for a rope burn, see if your vet will dispense some silvadene. It's a cream that is very soothing, antiseptic and healing, but I'd still cold hose it.

chris

Nowadays, though, veterinarians say, no, hosing doesn't help.  Well, I disagree.  Not only does it keep it clean (and that's a big deal!), but it stimulates blood circulation to the area - keeping infection and swelling down!

Carla Richardson

"Kindness is the mightiest force in the world.
Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com