[RC] Tom Ivers - Bruce Weary DC

My experience with Tom has come full circle, having confronted him on certain issues, and then realizing I was potentially missing out on useful information that is difficult to find and make sense of anywhere else. He has answered my every question and coached me through feeding protocols that have already immeasureably improved my horses stamina in their workouts. It's like having 50% more horse! It's really very easy to do.
In most any field of endeavor there seems to be prevailing ideas that the masses tend to follow, and underneath that we often find greater truths that are more accurate and useful. I would never have figured these things out ( and I'll leave you to contact Tom and ask him for advice on improving your horse's performance safely) on my own. Some things are "counterintuitve" or just not what they seem to be. You can learn how nutrition can prevent injuries--and not just because of nutritional support to the tissues, but because if the horse is fed right for the work he does, he will use his muscles in a way that doesn't injure his joints from fatigue. New concept to me. Learn how to keep the horse strong throughout his work, not sliding towards exhaustion but hoping to reach the finish line before that happens. Learn the truth about fat, protein, fiber and carbs, and how the horse uses each in order to optimize his performance. I'm really only getting started with these concepts, though I have 20 years and 7,000 miles in this sport. I always considered myself an equine nutrition nut. Now, I think I've just been a nut.
Hey, I spent three years in 4th grade. If I can do it, you can do it. Bruce Weary