[RC] Tom Ivers - larry Miller

I first met Tom in the 80s.  I have used interval training ever since.  I am not as good at it as I was when I was younger but it is the mainstay of my conditioning program for over 20 years.  Yes it works.  I did very well on Santee in the 80s, placed consistently in the top ten, won some, and even with my light weight managed some best conditions.  My main ride now, Maggie, has also been conditioned with IT.  She has over 5400 miles under her belt, am working towards that 6000, she is as sound as a dollar (knock on wood), and Tom has always answered my questions.  One needs to understand one's own gameplan, listen to all advice including Tom's, then figure out what is best for that horse on any given day.  But one isn't going to go anywhere without conditioning, one isn't going to go anywhere without considering all options.  Jeanie  PS  Thanks Tom