Re: [RC] alfalfa fed to endurance horses - afwaldrip

I am on the NATRC chat group.  I get emails from all over.

Anita

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristen A Fisher <kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: afwaldrip@xxxxxxxxxxxx; 'Ridecamp' <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:47:56 -0500
Subject: RE: [RC] alfalfa fed to endurance horses

This is a fantastic summation - a must read.

How I applied it - at home, my mare is on pasture and when I am at the barn I may give her a flake of alfalfa [3" thick maybe] that she then has to share with pasture mates. So it is more of a treat than a staple in her diet. At rides, she gets whatever she'll eat - if that's alfalfa vs. grass hay, fine.

Kristen in TX