[RC] Pigeon fever - dolly decair

I always thought Pigeon fever was no big deal,just messy
till it happened to me,I had a mare in foal come dowm with
it while living at a boarding stable in San Jose. Yes it can
break out in several areas the first was chest mild,I thought
how luckey am I this was not bad,till a short time later she
broke out in belly,got deathly ill,vet was not sure she would
make it,and was sure she would lose the foal.Belly taps many
times a week,then shw was put on penicellin to try and prevent absess
from breaking inside as that would cause her death,she had shots around
the clock forever,the poor thing was pin cushion,we could go no whereit seemed for months
because of her needed shots,belly taps ect. But both she and foal survived.
We named foal Kashoggi,after a Jordanian gunrunner who was reported
to be riches man in the world,as bringing him into the world he hadalready cost
about 3000.00 dollars. But both he and his mom turned out to be
great Endurance horses.

Dolly DeCair