[RC] selling horses - Juli Jakub

I have a question for breeders and sellers out there. What do good endurance horses go for? Proven ones and not so proven ones. The prices look low and I was wondering. My Prelim eventer sold for $12,000 to a good home...she was an investment of $500 out of a race barn pasture, green and I did all the training. She was campaigned and proven when I sold her but I was really picky and trying to sell fast ( like within a period of two months I was moving and couldn't take her!). I had an offer of $25,000 for her a year earlier, but I did not like the people nor at that time was I willing to sell her. I have a student who just bought a green Morgan eventer (against my recomendation)...5 year old...potential, but no jump training yet and only basic walk, trot, canter both directions some leg yielding ect....cute mover and good solid basics...for $12,000! I was boggled that they were selling her for that much and that my student would pay that for a green horse! But it seems like there is more money in training eventers and jumpers than training and selling an endurance horse...why is this? Just more money in those disciplines? I am asking because I eventually ( not this year certainly) want to have a backyard training/breeding program. Just a few horses that I train or re train and sell or re sell. It seems like even though I want to try endurance it might be better for selling purposes to train eventers still. I can do what I want with my personal horses, but it is looking like for sale purposes it is better to stay connected to the eventing world. True? It seems like in the endurance world prices are really low for a good horse be it campaigned or potential...

<P>Juli Jakub</P>
<P>The Air of Heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.</P>
<P>~ arabian proverb</P></DIV></html>