[RC] Adjusting Easyboot Epics - Dreamweaver

Unscrew the gaiter, pull the plastic cover off that goes over the metal teeth, flatten them down and then put two or three layers of duct tape over it. While you are at it, cut the heelstrap off. If you wet the gaiters down the day before you need them, then fold them back as far as you can and let them dry that way they will be a lot easier to get on. They'll get easier with each use too. Pretty soon you'll be able to buy Epics that come like this, ready to use with no modification necessary and with gaiters that don't rub. Or well, at least they haven't rubbed several different horses in testing anyway. I did two 50's this weekend on two different horses with the new gaiters and neither horse had any rubbing, with no vetwrap underneath. We had water crossings, lots of sand, etc. Also, one of the horses really takes a 0 on his hind feet but they are out of 0's in the Bares right now, so I used 1's on him and even tho a little large they stayed on the entire time in all of the terrain we went thru, and also without a heelstrap. I think the new gaiters should be available in another week or two. I'll try to get more photos soon of the horses feet, and to show that there was no rubbing anywhere. I also put the boots on the night before the ride, and they were ready to go in the morning, I just waited to tighten the gaiters all the way till the start. I can't buckle the boots in the front with the buckle if I feed them up thru the center of the buckle assembly -- there isn't enough cable. So pull the cable out and have it go sideways, or just have one of the cables go up. It also makes it a lot easier to put them on if the cable is going to the side. Karen