Re: [RC] Adjusting Easyboot Epics - Lysane Cree

Hi everyone,

Just bought a set of the Epics and tried them on my horse last night. The boots are a good fit, a little difficult to put on but not too much. I think I will need to "break in" the gaiters a little bit.
My questions relate to adjustment of the boot. Right now I have not flattened the teeth or removed the covers - I think I can probably get a closer fit if I do that. I have been having trouble tightening the cables if I pass the cables through that little space on the top (where each side of the cable would pass through the same spot on the top front of the boot just above the buckle). Does the cable have to pass there or is it not necessary?  I am thinking this problem might be eliminated if I flatten the teeth.
Also (maybe because of the above problem), I find that the gaiter barely goes around my horse's pastern. The velcro is just barely touching around. My mare does not have large feet nor large pasterns and the boot itself is the right size.
And is the heel strap necessary? Being new at this, I'm worried about modifying these nice new boots and not being able to fix it if I screw up :)
Any help would be appreciated.

Lysane