From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jon.Linderman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 6:52 AM
To: Mary Krauss
Cc: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Another lost shoe--AARGH--advice needed despite Ti's cautions...

By the time you add up all the 2 cents I am sure you will have a wealth of information.  Here's my 2 cents.

My horse started losing shoes early in his career: 5 fronts in his 1st 50.  I tried to look at it less form keeping shoes on, and more from what was the issue  with his gaits.  A quick, but bad fix would be to short shoe him or crank the heels way in.  I looked elsewhere for answers & I percieve you are the long-term person, presently frustrated, not the just git-r-done type.   Part of my horse's issue is very steep shoulder angle leaving a long contact time & a big rear stride that would come up and clip his heels.  >