Re: [RC] Stallions - Chris Paus

Oh, I agree. My stallion's previous owner expounded on how much Szybki just LOVED his stall. NOT. I'm sure being stalled too much contributed to his weaving. Whenever I confine him, he weaves. When he's got room to run, he doesn't. He's got a corral that is big enough to run in with a three-sided shed. The only time he's put in there with the gate locked is when we're going to be gone.Otherwise, he's out in an acre turnout with trees and grass and his pet goat. He also goes out daily to a 5 acre pasture to run and graze. He mostly has free run and can go where he wants. It's amazing that he rarely uses his shelter. I've had to put him in it when we've gotten horrible ice storms. He prefers to turn his butt to the wind and just hunker down.

Oh yeah, he really liked stalls, pfffffffft.

chris

Donna Coss <coss@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The cruelty to
stallions in this world is one I hate to dwell upon. That they tolerate
such cruelty is a tribute to the horse and how they have adjusted to
mankind. Every stallion deserves, at the very least a large, stall
with a run-out paddock, placed where he can interact and see all of the
horses. Yes, this does mean a proper fense, but if he is worth anything
at all, that should not be a problem!

--
www.shagyasport.com

"Slowee, slowee catchee monkey," Rudyard Kipling, from The Jungle Book

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com