[RC] Hard Lesson.. so what is the "law" - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Char char.antuzzi@xxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It was my understanding that if a buyer asks point blank a
question then seller MUST answer to the truth and thats the
law. If it latter becomes known the seller held out known
information and can be proven, then its a court case waiting to
happen. Court costs, etc would have to be paid by the SELLER. A
horse friend of mine dragged a seller into court. She asked
point blank... Does this horse have any bad habbit, to which
the answer was NO. She gets the horse home, ties him up and the
horse just about breaks his neck from pulling back. The owner
denied ever knowing the horse pulled back. The buyer found some
witness that knew first hand the horse pulled back and it was
proven in court the owner knew and didn't disclose it at the
time of sale.

You don't "have" to tell everything (but thats horrible to do!)
BUT you do have to answer if your asked a direct question. I
would never not tell something about a horse if I truly knew
about it. Horses will act different in new homes, with new
riders, new trailers, etc. But cribbing? Hmmmm sounds like the
seller knew this at time of sale, the buyer asked "Does he have
any vises" to which the answer was "No", then told latter by
the seller they did infact know the horse cribbed and didn't
think it was a big deal... sounds like a court case waiting to
happen to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that was the law?
Char