Re: [RC] [RC] Suspensory injury - Cynthia Eyler

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on completing 215 endurance miles on a horse that others thought might never be sound.

What happens when you wade into streams or cross rivers while riding and your horse is wearing wraps?  Can't imagine that they wouldn't sag horribly -- or become icy during cold weather.  [I know nothing about wraps -- have never used them.]

What is green cool?  My understanding is that applying anything with menthol (actually, anything except alcohol or Absorbine) to the horse's legs before a ride is not legal for AERC competition because these products contain ingredients that would or could be absorbed through the skin.

I rode my gelding on trail Monday, only about eight miles or so.  He seemed okay to me then, but the vet did say that the mild suspensory injury he has would be much less stressed by trails (at least our trails around here) than by the soft footing of the dressage arena we were in on Tuesday.

Cindy
(tried to send this privately to Sarah, but my message was rejected by her server)