[RC] New Ride Manager Questions - Aaron Turnage

I just mailed my sanctioning request for my very first ride!  =)  I'm so excited to manage an AERC ride.  While I haven't managed an AERC ride before, I have coordinated and managed several Saddle-Up for St. Jude charity events in the last few years.  We usually have 100 riders or so plus all the logistics that go with that (entries, marking trails, food, etc).  I do have a few questions for you more experienced managers though:

1.  I would like to do T-shirts as completion awards.  This is something that has become more rare in my part of the Western Region (Reno).  I've only received 2 shirts in 3 years of riding.  But what type of breakdown in sizes typically works best?  Should I have this as an option on the entry form and then just order a few extra, assuming everyone will show up and finish and also accomodate those riders that don't pre-register?  Do an estimate based on weight division?

2.  About how many trail markers should I plan on?  10 per mile?  This is a NIGHT RIDE so I'll be doing glowbars as well.  Now is a good time of year to buy them!  =)  My St. Jude ride was for those more "novice" riders when it came to following a trail and was WAY overmarked.  I can't do that for 50 miles worth but definitely know that more is better than less.  We'll also be doing lime, etc.

3.  Any other good suggestions?  What are some "fun" awards you have given to those mid-pack finishers?

Thanks for any and all tips and suggestions!

Crysta Turnage
Where Are We Going? Night Ride
Tentative June 10, 2006
Reno, Nevada