Re: [RC] wintec saddles for endurance - Chris Paus

Well, I've tried every make and model of Wintec out there. I'm also a heavyweight rider. I've owned dressage and AP, low ends and higher end prices, CAIR panels and stuffed panels. I've gotten rid of every one. They just don't fit me or my horses right. They feel good for about an hour, then i find that my hips are hurting, my knees are hurting, etc. I don't get that in my Duett saddle.

One of my horses actually laid down and tried to roll with me on him when I was using a Wintec on him. He did all kinds of avoidance techniques to tell me he hated that saddle. It appeared to fit him fine, nice even sweat pattern, etc. But he hated it. And if Star is unhappy, everyon

Jessica Spoone-Raines <jspoone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well my 4yo will be out of training soon and I have decided to try out an english saddle on him. I am a heavyweight rider (working on changing that!) and was wondering what would be more comfortable (most likely) for the both of us, a dressage or endurance model. What about seat security? I ride in an endurance model aussie on my other guy but really want something lighter weight with better contact. I defintely want a wintec with the easy change gullets and I've heard the cair panels are really nice. Oh and what saddlepads work well with these? I use a skito equilizer with my aussie but I bought that several years ago. Is there something better out now? Thanks.
Jess Spoone-Raines

"Slowee, slowee catchee monkey," Rudyard Kipling, from The Jungle Book

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com