[RC] glowsticks - Jonni

Right now, in the Halloween department of the stores, you can buy glowsticks for about a buck. That is cheap, and choice of colors. If you are wanting them for on your horses breast collar, they would work. I went to Wal-Mart, in the sporting goods dept, near the flashlight section, and found battery powered "glow sticks". About $3. I used a blue one at Tevis on my horse, and a white one on the friends horse who was riding with me. They worked very well. Hung them low, and fastened on with electric tape to the part of the breast collar that goes between the legs to the girth. I really, really was pleased with these.  I also found a very small "headlamp", that fastened with a strap. I changed it to some velcro, and fastened to the front vent of my helmet. This was NOT for lighting the trail while riding, but to use if I needed to adjust tack in the dark. Just reached up and twisted on, then off when done. We found it useful when we stopped to help a lady put on her easyboot along the CA loop. No digging for a flashlight.
Jonni