[RC] Happy 36 Birthday Fadja Mia - apleg8'n

A big bunch of Carrots for that fabulous horse Hope!! What a story she could tell us all! I think Endurance news should write a story on both this remarkable horse and the even more remarkable rider, Hope Lundquist!

At eighty years young, Hope is the inspiration for us gals in the W and NW division. She treks up to our rides in Oregon from Calif, hauling her horse, setting up her own camp, and filling our ever so eagar minds with such delightful stories of her TEVIS experiences (ten completions) and lately the tales of that wild ride...The Great American Horse Race of 1976.

Hope Lundquist is a legend, a gracious lady, with a awesome sense of humor and one heck of an endurance rider to this day. She has a great story of how she got started in this sport at not such a young age and how it has been her life. This is the story of true grit that all of us need to read and cherish.

I am so honored to call Hope my friend. Please editors of EN, lets have a tribute to this fine lady that has given so much to this sport with her tenacity and spirit of adventure.

Happy Birthday to your beautiful and well cared for companion Hope! Bless your sweet heart for just being Y-O-U! Maybe you can make it to Oroville to end the season, we will all be there looking for you to inspire us for next year!

I love you Hope!!
your pal in oregon......amber
rackinfool
www.applegaitnendurancehorses.com