Re: [RC] My Grand Canyon experience - DVeritas

Way to go, Marlene!  You experiences down there sounded familiar to me

The Grand Canyon XP, in my mind, is the ideal "first" multi-day for a horse to do.

With my horse, I did a few 50's and then targeted the Grand Canyon XP as the ideal (then) 3-day multi-day for him....I liked the Duck's format, I liked the time of year (October, after a focused Spring and Summer of riding) and I loved that experience.

The following year, I targeted Bryce Canyon as my horse's (BTR Ranger) "first" five-day multi-day....which he did.  Again, the Duck's format (which, as you know, and this is MY interpretation of it, is simply, "you are responsible for your horse, if you like him, you'll ride as if you do") and the trails were what I wanted for Ranger and felt he needed.

He learned a lot from those rides, as did I.

You'll find 100 miles of endurance quite doable, now.  And, GOOD LUCK with that, too.

Congratulations on your experiences "on the Rim".

Frank Solano