[RC] Alpine's leg - agilbxr

Well, the vet seems to feel he has a very slight bow of the tendon of his left hind.  He's on stall/pen rest...no turnout with the crew.  Thankfully, his stifle is fine, and according to the vet, by the time the tendon heals, the torn muscle won't be too much of a problem.

So, here I am with a pony with a bowed tendon on stall rest. It's a good thing I have Spot to play with.  Anyone have any idea how the horses come back from bows?  Do I need to not do endurance with Alpine anymore? and let him be trail horse?  Or can we rehab the tendon with enough rest or whatever?  Right now, the vet's given him a shot of cortosone and said after wednesday to give bute if it's needed.  However, I know Alpine, and we don't want him feeling too good if he's confined...he'll go beserk, so we probably won't bute unless he's really ouchie.

In the meantime, we are building some "stream" crossings in our pasture, complete with "alligators".  I believe that some ground stuff is in order for Mr. Alpine...once he's been given clearance from the vet to walk around a bit that is....

Juli and Alpine (it really was an alligator!!)
and Spot (i was just glad it wasn't me...)