[RC] Skin condition -- scabby and weepy and flaky, oh my! - Sherman

Sarah,

I checked out the pics....Queso's skin condition looks like my friend's Morgan mare that has allergies..... so she rubs herself raw. His raw spots were in all the right places to be rubbing also.We've treated the mare with a couple cups of ground flax seed daily, as well as QUITT, ('cause she chewed wood also, but it seems to help with the itchiness.) It's been suggested that it's the vitamins in QUITT that are helping, but I know the flax seed helps as well. The vet said we could use antihistamines on her, but we opted not to do that because we were concerned she might get too drowsy.

Good luck,
Kathy