[RC] Dittos on the Peace Point kudos! - RISTREE

Yes, indeed.

Such a short trip for so many riders.  Beautiful place and a lovely hostess in Samantha Lewis!

I only got to ride the first loop as my guy Ned got a little crampy after finishing up that (chilly) first loop.  Um, let's not forget that rump rug next time, Captain Duh!  Ned was good to go after a pretty short time, but more miles are rarely therapeutic in such cases, so we were done.  He worked out of it by circling his pen and screaming for his missing barnmate!  :-)

Getting pulled early means that you can re-learn the joy that is crewing, and I got to run around for my husband and helped a couple of buddies as well.  Reminds me, yet again, that crewing is tougher than riding.  Hands down.  Although trotting out a horse is easier when you haven't ridden it for the previous hour and a half.  ;-)

Managing a ride is enough of a challenge without a creative and crafty trail vandal, and I was extremely impressed at how Sam and the Gang kept their poise and spirits high.  Like Laura, I cheered when I saw the "Go Home!" thinking that it meant we were on our way back to camp!   I'm sure the person responsible for the sabotage would be terribly disappointed at this misinterpretation of his profound statement on the weekend's events.

A chiropractor was on site, as was a massage therapist (Ned got a visit from both -- just have a little cramp and your worry wart mother calls in the reinforcements!), three tack vendors, and the prizes were very generous!  I even WON an equine massage in a raffle, which went to hubby's horse on Sunday morning, as Ned's was already bought, enjoyed and paid for.

As always, much laughter amongst friends and the camaraderie of a wonderful horse make an endurance ride weekend complete!

We'll be back.

--Patti Stedman (NY)