[RC] WEC TV - Maryanne Gabbani

There's a truck with a guy hanging out filming the Maktoums...that's how they did it here. I do wish we could see something other than his excellency's rugged countenance. Most of the horses look good just doing easy canters over flat ground. Haven't seen a single shot of the US team so far. The camera at the out gate at least gets a shot of folks' backs and horse butts.

Just saw Orfeo come in. Go Orfeo! I like survivors.

One of the Dubai riders has a scarf over his mouth. I'll bet the dust really gets to them. I've had terrible times with it here just driving a jeep at a decent distance from the leaders for a journalist. Those jeeps really kick up a lot of dust.

I don't think that they've broken out of a canter at all in the Maktoum pod. Comfy racing. Be a lot harder on them to trot for a while.

I need to feed dogs and parrots and get respectable for an office meeting but this is much more fun. Still I haven't seen the US and I'm waiting for that.

They have the Egyptian girl and I think also the guy is Egyptian narrating the broadcast. The reason for this is that Egyptian Arabic is like Los Angeles English. Because of all of our movie industry, most people understand it. A shot of the Maktoum pod going by in a crowd of 6 jeeps, 3 with cameras and at least one with flashing lights, maybe to keep any cars form crossing in front of the riders....no make that more like 12 jeeps.

Rats. No Yanks yet and I HAVE to get somethings done.

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani miloflamingo.blogspot.com http://www.alsorat.com