RE: [RC] [RC] WEC TV - Laurie Durgin

Amen.... I realise it is the local hero, king ,whatever, but there are other riders and horses and things going on, that is interesting to other riders, family, horse people. Too bad, the camera people aren't filming for the horsey crowd. We'd like to see more horses, trots outs, the riders haggard countenance, cooling down techniques, comformation shots, , gait analysis, ... that kind of stuff, so we can live vicariously ......."wow, look at that one, doesn't he look a little off on the right rear", # so and so looks shortstriding","hey, they are using rump rugs, " no you idiot, don't put cold water on the butt and back"," hey , what kind of shoes does he have on that horse?' , 'rider # zzz looks like he is going to get sick, right here on nat'l tv...,"let um, eat, let um eat..., boy that horse is strung-out looking......Did you see that rider bump that horse...
Heck, we could have even more fun,if they did shots of those vehicles following and what they are doing--- really the overhead tent shots, and the top 7 guys is a bit old....I bet I will be able to recognize them on a ride anywhere worldwide, without my contacts, cause I have their riding form memorized,,, I can pick them out , the whole family by their particular style...
Back to my cold popcorn and mayube now the feed is back. I actually had sound for about 5 minutes.....twice

From: Maryanne Gabbani <msgabbani@xxxxxxx>

There's a truck with a guy hanging out filming the Maktoums...that's how they did it here. I do wish we could see something other than his excellency's rugged countenance. Most of the horses look good just doing easy canters over flat ground. Haven't seen a single shot of the US team so far. The camera at the out gate at least gets a shot of folks' backs and horse butts.