[RC] WEG Jan.26 #6 It's nearly here. - Lucie Hess

Tomorrw the ride starts, 9 hours ahead for you all in hte Eastern Time zone, the rest of you can add an hour of two depending on where you are.  The weather forcast is for sunny skies with the high of 73 and the low in the miuddle 50's.  No rain is forcast.  I'm not sertain of the humidity or the wind.  It hasn't been too humid, but certainly has been windy.  It will probably be a fast ride, the last one that was held here, the winner was in around 7 hours.

It will start at 6, it will just be getting daylight, not pitch blark.  If you can believe it, the first loop has rope lighting (you know the the long strand of lights encased in plastic?) on both side of the trail for 3-5 Kilometers.. Man, they even have a generator out there to power it.  Unbelievable.  I can't wait so see it.  I bet it looks like a run way!

All the crews are busy getting their vet checks and crewing riggs ready.  Here's another twist, the crew rigs and Spectators can follow along beside the horses on the trail.  Infact the road crews plan to crew by stopping the rig ahead of the horse, send someone out with bottles of water, they start running and the horse/rider catches up to them and take the water bottle on the fly.  Boy, you didn't see me volunteer for that job!  Only in the UAE!

I'm planning on speaking to the Management of the Tevis ride to see if they can add that rope lighting idea to the tevis trail. Then I wouldn't have to worry about Spanky going off the side.  What a concept......

More later.

Do you Yahoo!?