[RC] WEC: Maps and TV Coverage etc. - John Teeter

Of course, it's been a busy couple of days. The opening ceremonies are about 3
hours away. The tables are being set for the banquets. The final preparations
are being made for the grand entrance of the participants. The initial Chef d'
Equipe and Vet meetings have happened (no surprises). The course tour happened.
The riders are mostly back at the barns doing evening care of their mounts.

All the press folk went off to view our host's stables! It's only me and the
100s of people sweeping and building and finishing up while there's still
daylight! (Steph and Lucie went to the stables, so there will be reports back:)

I've just finished uploading a few things to the web site
(http://www.endurance.net/2004wec/) - Team Australia was in here earlier doing
the same along with lots of others I don't know! Everyone is trying to get a
good clean check-point b/f the chaos which is the bi-annual World Endurance
Championships officially begins!

So, I'm sure there will be fire-works and equine demonstrations and arabic food
and music through the evening! It should be a grand opening to a grand event in
the desert. It's breezy - it's cool (not at all hot) and the footing is
tremendous (so I've been told). now if it all holds for just another 32 hours
!!!!

more later,

john teeter (finally realizing that this isn't Oreana any more -- as Argentina
felt pretty much like home!)

(p.s. oh yes - the subject - There will be TV coverage and a real-time web
cast. There is no published schedule of what international channels might carry
all (or part) of the coverage. The web cast URL has not yet been published, but
the web cast will carry exactly what is presented on the local DubaiTV (which
has been billed as start to finish coverage).