[RC] Heart of Gold Ride - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Donna S Donhajek@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I want to personally thank Those that put on the Heart of Gold Ride this year
in Towner North Dakota. Many Thanks to our gracious hostess Mary Eaton who
allowed us to do the ride on her property. Jutta Schmidt and DeAnne Knapp the
ride managers put on another fun ride, with lots of great prizes and a hot meal
at the end of the day. And Kudos to the the vets Dr Baber, and Dr Anne
Christopherson who also made it fun.  Melanie will not soon forget the purple
eye shadow on her big and beautiful paint named Charlie.  Of course we didn't
get the photo.
This ride was pretty and awesome.  The trail went thru hay fields that had (I
Swear) hundreds of the huge round hay bales.  The trail continued on across the
dike that kept in the Souris River also known as the "Mouse that Roared" years
ago when the floods came.  Around we went until we were in the midst of
sandhills where a photographer was strategically positioned. My favorite part
was cantering along a soft dirt road that led into and out of groves of trees
that were changing colors for the fall.  The aroma of the groves was
incredible.  The feeling of cantering along on my willing and able Paso Fino
will not soon be forgotten.  I wish I could bottle up all the feelings, and
aromas of that day, to take out and enyoy over and over again.  You see, To
Finish is to Win.