Re: [RC] OT -- Norton System Works - Chris Paus

Oh, I've learned to hate NOrton!  I got a new computer this year and downloaded Norton systemworks. I've always used it. But it crashed my computer big time. i couldn't do anything. The computer would come on and go off and cycle like that over and over. I finally got ahold of tech support (just try to find a phone number for them, I dare you). I got someone in India, of course.

Between that person and a second techie, and three hours on the phone and doing things on the computer, we erased every trace of Norton from my computer so it's running again. They promised to refund my money, but have not yet and it's been two months.

I recently bought Macafee and installed it with no problems at all.

crhis

Cynthia Eyler <eylerca@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am I the only subscriber to Norton System Works who's had her protection go whacko?

My subscription renewal date is now displayed as 12/30/1899 (should be 12/10/2005), and the status window says that my worm protection is outdated.  Even though I've had the continuous updating function activated for the past nine months, I've been trying to run online updates, but it doesn't help.

Cindy

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com