Re: [RC] Whining - Chris Paus

Thanks EVERYONE. You all helped... the ones who expressed sympathy and the ones who kicked me in the behind. I needed all of that!

I feel much better now. The sun came out a bit. I saddled up the Starman and went for a ride on a neighbor's property. (I have permission) Took the dogs and enjoyed watching our Lab puppy dive into the ponds. She had so much fdoggie fun. The scenery was beautiful with late summer flowers... lots of asters, white and purple ones, goldenrod (achoo), and sunflowers. It was only an hour, but it was an hour well spent.

I came home and mowed the lawn and hey, got halters on both colts! Yahoo!  tomorrow we can work on leading lessons.

Talked to my husband, he sounds more tired and depressed than me. He's got quite a burden to deal with.

yes, Bruce, I should call my MIL more often. I talked to her last night. And when Ray went up there, I sent her a homemade apple pie with him. She loved it. I try to do special things for her, she's really a terrific lady and it's so hard to watch her fade away like this.

And it reminds me how thankful I am that my own parents still are doing well. At least we aren't caring for two sets of ill parents.

I'm planning tomorrow to ride again. The state park trails are 3 miles from my house. So I can't trailer over to the good part of the lake, I still have someplace to ride. I'll start putting some time on my mare so she can make her first AERC ride soon.

Next month there is an endurance ride at the state park right near my house. It will take me 10 minutes to get to the campground from here and surely I should have truck and trailer fixed by then, so at least I should be able to make one ride yet this year.'

One of my sons is coming to visit tomorrow. He's bringing two essentials.. pizza and chocolate, and he can take me to town to get necessities. He always makes me laugh and he gives great shoulder massages. he will also scold me and make me get out and exercise... he's fitness manager at a 24-Hour fitness club.

Also out of the blue, got a call from a friend I haven't talked to in a while. We made plans to go riding on Sunday, if it doesn't rain. She's been a lot sicker this summer than me, and she's ready to get back to riding again. Things are looking up!

chris

Bruce Weary <bweary@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris--
First off, buying a lottery ticket today would be a complete waste of
time and money. Secondly, a phone call to your mother-in-law would
probably be greatly appreciated (if she's able) and might help remind
you how good your life really is today. Bruce Weary