From: Chris Paus
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 12:02 PM
Subject: [RC] may I whine???

I hope you all won't mind me venting here....

I'm going to have to miss yet another ride, one of my favorites, Indian Territory, in Okla. This ride season has really sucked for me. For various reasons, I've gotten to only one endurance ride and didn't get to finish it, and two CTRs. All were very local rides.

Even if I had the travel money, my truck needs brakes, my trailer needs brakes and my husband is away indefinitely taking care of his mother who is losing her battle with brain cancer. So there's no one here to fix things and watch the critters while I'm gone.

A major hurricane is bearing down on some dear friends and a horse I bred, raised and love.

I've got my third sinus infection this summer.

The heat has finally broken here, Star is fixed and I am fixed (chiropractic speaking), but it's raining. I don't mind riding in the rain, but am not too keen on challenging lightning.

I have two lovely colts in the weaning pen who need halter training, but i don't have the enthusiasm or energy to do it.

I know I should count my blessings. My husband is a good guy who is doing the right thing for his mother. I have eight lovely horses to hug and smell even if I can't find time to ride. One of the colts is spoken for and will be going to a great home. I have three dogs to give me doggie kisses when I'm feeling blue, and I still have a roof over my head and a job that pays me money to do work I enjoy.

but some days just suck eggs. Maybe I'll just have to say, screw it, and go ride. Even a trip around the section line probably would help!

Thanks for indulging my whining.

Chris

(oh, I'm already on anti depressants, so don't suggest that)

I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship. Louisa May Alcott

Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com