[RC] [RC] Pull Codes - Dreamweaver

For the majority of people the pull codes don't mean anything good or bad. They just don't care. Where the problem lies I believe, is when there are those who make their living from buying or selling or training horses. Those people don't want to have a horse they are involved with pulled for any reason, therefore they will continue even when they shouldn't. We all know that just because a vet passes a horse, because the horse met all of the parameters, that the horse in some cases really doesn't need to be continuing. Horses have died at rides that passed their vet checks. There have been times a rider thought there might have been something not quite right, but the vet passed the horse so the rider thought it was okay, when the reality is that it isn't.

Think about it, if you were looking for an endurance horse and looked up it's record and it has 4 or 5 lameness pulls in a dozen rides, would you even be interested? Or a few metabolic pulls. Even a few RO pulls would turn a lot of people off. I believe that the majority of riders do put their horses first, and it is always better to pull than to second guess what went wrong. There will be another ride on another day, but there is only one of 'your horse'.

Karen