Re: [RC] Pull codes: What do we really want and/or need? - Truman Prevatt

This discussion takes me back to my academic days. It was common practice for the instructor to post the exam grades on the outside of his/her office door so the students coud find out the results prior to the next class if they had a desire to do so. Most students though this was great, and some did nothing but whine about it. "What are you trying to do, punish me, diminish my self esteme, sentence me to a life of psychiatrisc care," was the cry of some. It reached fever pitch about finals time. It was actually funny to hear all the fluming, fussing and gnashing of teeth by some people over this practice.

Sorry, the nonsense about hidding the reason for a pull falls in the same whinning category. In reality I suspect they really want is to eliminate the non finishers from the list in the ride results. Face it it doesn't matter if it is "DNF", "RO", or "L" - it's a pull. Sorry, it's a non starter and considering all the important issues in the AERC it is a pimple on a flea's behind.

Truman

Sisu West Ranch wrote:

Of course, compassionate persons do not want to "punish" owners of pulled horses, but the repeated posts claiming that RO has been used to disguise L and M pulls, indicates that there has been a perception amoung a significant number of riders that an L or M on the AERC website does punish them. In this case perception is reality. If you feel punished, you are.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

(406) 642-9640

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx

--

"The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. The opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth." Niels Bohr -- Nobel Laureate, Physics