[RC] re: great ride - jen

Just wanted to post about my ride this past sunday.  I was supposed to ride on both Thurs. and Sat., but both were postponed.  Anyways,  I went riding with two friends from the stables who I have not ridden with before, but I felt would be a good match for me and my horse.  We had an absolutely magnificent ride through the local community forest.  One of the girls had been on the trails before so she was "leading."  My horse was THE BEST.  When her horse was bothered by something and would not go, Cricket never hesitated to take the lead.  I am learning that I must trust this horse.  He is sooo unflappable.  (I have only owned him for 3 months).  My fear issues have prevented me from doing much with him.  Anyways, Cricket was happy to lead or follow, he willingly crossed foot bridges without hesitation and several times I asked him to wait behind while the others went ahead, just to see his reactions....they were awesome.  He never fought me to keep up and would willingly catch up in a controlled manner.  We passed a guy on a bike and many people, some with dogs and some without.  Everything went well.  We even TROTTED... Yeeha.  I could not have asked for a better ride.  We rode for about and hour and 45  minutes and I'm estimating we went about 5 miles.  The only thing I did not do that I wanted to do was take P&R's before and after the ride :(  Just wanted to share with everyone and say  "what a confidence boost this ride was"  We are going again on Friday and Saturday.
Jen M.