RE: [RC] Pull Codes - Steph Teeter

Kim, I agree with you 100% on this.

Steph
-----Original Message-----
From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of KimFue@xxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2005 11:55 AM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Pull Codes

 >>  I for the life of
me can't figure out why there is such opposition to listing the individual
pulls as DNF in EN.  If the membership wants to know how many L, M and RO pulls
there are at a particular ride that could be listed as a general stat.  For
example 50 horses starting - 40 finishing 10 pulls (3 M 6 L 1 RO).  Can someone
please give me a reasonable explanation why it is AERC's job to list the reason
an individual rider is pulled in EN??  Why wouldn't a general statistic as
listed above be enough for the membership?  If this information was not listed as
part of the ride results there would be absolutely no reason why an
individual would try to get an RO.  Once we eliminate the reason the individual riders
are skewing numbers it will be much easier to educate the RMs and Vets on
using the correct pull codes.  >>