Re: [RC] [RC] Horsepool for the Alabama Yellowhammer ride? -REVISED - Linda Nichols

Title: Re: [RC]   [RC] Horsepool for the Alabama Yellowhammer ride? - REVISED
Jody, may I offer my condolences to you. I have a daughter, now an adult, who still lags in self motivation. My other one just left for college, a very competent problem solver and really self motivated. My only advice is, leave her alone. If she can’t do it for herself then she doesn’t get to do it. It will take immense courage on  your part to watch her flounder around and suffer. God knows I am too easy on my kid. The only way they will learn to be self motivated is to wait until they really want it for themselves. If your daughter won’t do what she can, leave her at home. If she wants to come, she has to do for herself. Believe me, it is hard to let kids struggle. But it is so necessary for their character.

Linda