[RC] epidural injections - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: mike everett mikeeverett@xxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

51 year old male, 9 years of organized baseball, 9 years of basketball, 13
years of football, tennis, racquetball and any other kind of ball !!! over a
dozen turned ankles, 3 concussions, 2 separated shoulders, cracked and bruised
ribs, broken wrist and hand. severed acl in knee with surgery. right ankle
surgery twice. shoulder surgery twice and elbow surgery. bruised spinal column
in game and developed spinal stenosis with 2 bulging discs. have 3 bulging
discs in lumbar and curviture in spine that raises right hip approx. 1 inch.
have been to orthopedics locally, Duke University, Baptist Hospital (wake
forest)and Carolinas medical center in charlotte. they do the carolina
panthers. currently recieving epidural injections both spinal and lumbar. i am
currently coping with hives and a reaction to the injections. they have really
helped my pain and numbness. mostly relieved the burning sensations. will be
glad to speak with anyone about this on the phone or you can e-mail me
privately or ask questions on-line. all my doctors tell me to do whatever i
feel like doing. basically you are going to hurt to a certain degree no matter
what you do. hell, i hurt more when i try not to hurt than when i do something.
sometimes i can ride 25 miles and feel great. sometimes i can sit in the
recliner and feel like hell. with my ankle, knee, etc. the doctor could remove
a spur or chip or relocate a nerve and everything would be ok. but accepting
the fact that my back and neck are the way they are and will only get worse was
hard to accept!!!!! managing your pain is the key and it is a continual work in
process. epidural injections have given me new breath, but they can have
complications. i do not take pain medications except ibuprophen and tylenol.
mind over matter and realizing how fortunate you are to be able to do what you
do  are the key.  mike